We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Complimentary Transportation
- Pets Allowed
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
About Bethany Terrace Nursing Centre - Morton Grove, IL
At Bethany Terrace, it is our mission to provide holistic health care for people of all faiths in a safe, cheerful and compassionate environment where the individual’s dignity is preserved. We approach residents’ diverse needs with a variety of therapies, activities and environments. Our highly experienced professionals make our residents feel comfortable and help them to enjoy life every day and truly feel at home.
The latest addition to our facility, the Terrace Suites, offers the comfort and beauty comparable to an assisted living type environment while providing 24-hour nursing care to meet individual needs.
With the 1984 launch of our Alzheimer’s Care Center, Bethany Terrace Nursing Centre became one of the earliest providers of care for those with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Complex care services such as our Wound Management, Oncology Management and Infectious Disease Management bring a unique comprehensiveness to Bethany Terrace.
Dialysis patients receive the highest quality of care coordinated by a specialized team of professionals, including dieticians and social workers.
Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapists are available for residents that require individualized rehabilitation services. Coming in January of 2007, Bethany Terrace Rehabilitation Suites.
Potential residents of the Bethany Terrace Nursing Centre and their loved ones will want to know more not only about the hospitality and care of the senior living community itself, but more about the surrounding city of Morton Grove, IL. Morton Grove is a relatively small, close-knit area, with a population of just over 23,000. Geographically, the town is idyllic and woodsy, with plenty of forest preserve land and the Chicago River running straight down the middle. This creates scenic, recreational opportunities for seniors and their visitors.
- Skokie Lagoons: This fishing and boating hub is nearly 1,000 acres in size, with almost 8 miles of trails to walk. Younger boaters can try their hand at fording a canoe or kayak down the Chicago River, while older ones can enjoy the Skokie Lagoon waters from a more relaxed distance on a sailboat.
- Horseback Riding: There are several other attractions in the Cook County woods besides boating, and one of them is riding through groves, down country lanes, and around peaceful lakes.
- Water Parks: For the younger crowd, Morton Grove is too tiny for any exciting adventures, but it isn't far away from the action! Needless to say, the town is only a half-hour drive from Chicago itself, and it's also a half-hour from Lyons, both of which have thrilling family water parks.
- Birdwatching: Returning to recreation that's suitable for seniors living in Bethany Terrace, not only is birding a popular activity in Morton Grove, there's actually an active birding community. Both new and seasoned birdwatchers are welcomed to explore the Cook County woods with several ongoing ""bird walks"" and competitions.
- Fishing: From catfish to bass to bluegill, Morton Grove and the whole of Cook County are teeming with great fishing spots. Nearby boat vendors make it easy to fish on the water and purchase bait right on location.
- North Branch Trail: These twenty miles of trails are fitting for older travelers, being all asphalt and on flat terrain. Biking, skating, and, in winter, cross-country skiing down more hilly clearings in the preserve are great North Branch activities for younger folks looking for fun along the Chicago River.
- Parks and Dog-walking: Recent legislation in Morton Grove allowed leashed dogs in all parks so that owners young and old can enjoy a leisurely park stroll with their four-legged friends.
- Shopping and Restaurants: Morton Grove has several staple retailers, including Homegoods, Marshall's, and T.J. Maxx. There are popular restaurant chains like Giordano's Pizza, but also homegrown favorites such as Las Fuentes Restaurant or Kappy's American Grill. People with any tastes, whether in shopping purchases or favorite cuisines from all cultures, will find something right for them in Morton Grove.
- Leaning Tower of Niles: This tower is one of Morton Grove's best-known and most eclectic and fun tourist attractions. As the name suggests, it's modeled after the Leaning Tower of Pisa and is half the size. This replica is definitely something to stop by to get a memorable ""selfie"" with.
For more logistical information on the town such as crime rates, look no further than the ""New Resident Guide"" created with the help of the Morton Grove Police Department. Bethany Terrace residents can feel safe knowing that partnerships with local businesses and neighborhood watch groups as well as out-of-town agencies work together on crime prevention. As for the crime rates themselves, they are quite low at 47 violent crimes per 100,000 individuals.
Residents can feel secure walking around town, but the next question is, how walkable is Morton Grove? Because the region is mostly residential and because 20% of its total area is reserved for its beautiful forest, there are some difficulties presented for residents who want to easily travel from the residential district to commercial businesses. Walkscore.com gives Morton Grove an overall walkability score of 60/100. As calculated, one out of the nearly 100 restaurants and coffee shops is accessible within a five-minute walking distance; this means that in some areas of town, walking five minutes to a restaurant is not possible, whereas in other locations, walking five minutes yields multiple options.
In addition, the city is taking pains to bridge itself to metro areas: the Metra rail station commutes from the far north suburbs of Chicago down to downtown Chicago, so Morton Grove is overall a well-connected small town.
Whether one is enjoying a game of baseball in the Morton Grove Park District, or enjoying senior programs directly connected to Bethany Terrace itself but also civically organized, Morton Grove has a small-town atmosphere that's great for seniors. At the same time, there's also no shortage of nature activities, sights to see, family bonding activities, and nearby big attractions, so that Bethany Terrace residents never feel bored or alone, and always feel like part of the bustling, friendly Morton Grove community.